This past week it seems that I have been having quite a variety of experiences. Some things old, some things new, some things challenging, some thing to do.
One exciting adventure was this afternoon I had a few hours of time available before conferences at my school began, and I chose to spend it practicing Yoga. Up until about a few months ago, I had pooh-poohed Yoga, thinking there was no way on earth I would be flexible enough to be able to do it.
Because of a new class/new instructer challenge that my fitness center put on to its members, I found myself crunching at the last minute to find open classes. I wanted to find classes that I would be able to attend and enjoy. I ended up stumbling into a Yoga class one Sunday afternoon in December.
I found myself struggling and mumbling to myself through the class about why would someone ever put themselves through such torture? Surprisingly, however, when the class was over, I felt strong, confident, and my whole body felt relaxed. It was amazing.
This afternoon, I found myself craving yoga. Even though it was a near disaster with my instability and shaking muscles, it was wonderful. Thank goodness for trying things out even if they seem difficult, scary, or random. Maybe you'll discover something new about yourself in the process.
6 comments:
Anne,
I've always wanted to attend a YOGA class. I haven't made any time to try one. So...I've now decided, thanks to your post, that I'm going to start YOGA on June 7; my first day of summer!
Snow
Sarah, I am so proud of you! Wow! Let me know how it goes!
I too have always wanted to do Yoga...I keep hoping a class nearby will pop up...
Henry and I start swimming this week though, that's a start right???
There are a few yoga body positions that my PT has had me doing...and they are really good for stretching various muscles! I, too, want to learn more and the fitness center we go to offers yoga classes. So many things to learn as we grow older, and as Martha Stewart would say, "It's a GOOD thing."
yoga is definitely a stretching experience (no pun intended) - glad you're enjoying it! :)
Are you taking the class at Galter?? If so, maybe I will join you. I love Pilates and have wanted to try Yoga for a while. This could be my motivation.
Way to go!
Post a Comment