Wednesday, March 21, 2007

In Hibernation

Recently, I find myself pulling in to my little world around me. My world exists within my little apartment, Jed, my little school, and the people who I see due to the events that are occuring around me. I find that the people and things that exist outside of this little world tend to fall into the cracks. I don't mean to drop off of the face of the earth, and I don't want to make up excuse after excuse of why I didn't reach out.

I got an email from a dear friend of mine, she said, "Hey, I haven't heard from you in a while...what's going on?" This saddened me, thinking that because of my lack of communication, someone around me was alarmed. I never intend for it to be so long between a phone call, a coffee date, an email, a walk, but somehow it just happens. I have school work. I have grading. I feel under the weather. I am outside in the weather, trying to forget about my long to do list that seems to float in my face when I start to go about the normal routines of reality.

Anyway, so I wanted to say to all of you who maybe feel that I have not been as attentive or available as I have been, I want to say that I am sorry, I still care about you, and I hope that we can see or chat or write some day soon.

Peace on your day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne,
I haven't been good at reaching outside of "my own little world" lately either. I'm sorry! I miss you and would love to see you soon!
Kjersten

simplicity said...

You are great!

I miss you, our chats via phone, our chats via walks, our life lesson book and our emails...

Funny how life sometimes gets in the way isn't it?

You take care of you! And if that means hibernation right now, so be it.

Kendra Wheeler said...

Anne, I think that is life...we all slip into our routines. I understand how you are feeling...just keep your head up and trying to break the routine when you can!