Thursday, March 08, 2007

"I'm Going to Poland!"


So to start off, this week at my school has been a celebration of Lutheran Schools all over the country. In honor of this celebration, we have had many themed days some of which being to wear a certain color, to dress up fancy, or to be country western style. Today is country western day, and it has been hard to take myself seriously as I have pigtail braids in, Jed's huge cowboy belt, red cowboy shoes, and a huge flannel plaid shirt.


So afterschool today, I was walking in the hallway and a few of the third grade girls pulled me aside to show me their penpal letters that they got from their penpals in Poland. One girl is talking to me about how pretty her penpal's handwriting is and what her class size is like, while the other girl is just squirming to get out about her penpal. Finally she blurts out.


"Guess what? My penpal is a boy, and he is a year older than me. ANNND if I don't have a boyfriend when I am older, I'm goin' ta Poland!" She is jumping and smiling and pumping both of her fists in the air.


Life doesn't get much better than that!

2 comments:

Lindahl News 2 said...

Eeeee-haaa!

You look pretty durn cute in your
western ettire! Y'all need to come line dancin' at Sundance Saloon!

(And I love the story about Poland penpals!)

Alli said...

Haha, how great! Kids...man...what crazy little people.

I agree with your mom on both counts-1. you do look really stinkin' cute in your country western getup, and 2. We need to go to the Sundance.