Friday, March 02, 2007

St. Baldrick's

Today was the day when my school had it's St. Baldrick's celebration to raise money for kids with cancer. Throughout the past few weeks, students and faculty raised money. Today guys shaved heads in honor of those people who have none, and girls donated at least 6 inches of hair to turn into wigs for kids with cancer. Though it may seem very strange, the energy was high, and so many kids were very proud of what they were doing for the sick in need. I didn't want to post any pictures of my students, so most of these are the faculty that participated, but I think you will get the main idea.


This is a picture of Jonathan...he wanted to play around with eliminating his beard off little by little. He ended up shaving all of his head too!





The Before Picture


Putting it back into ponytails


Making the first cut


The hair is gone!




The total pile of hair that we were able to donate!

I know this seems really weird, but this is the third year in a row that we have done this at my school. If you want to read more about it, check out http://www.stbaldricks.org/about_us/index.html to read more about it. I was showing Jed the pictures after school, and he thought it looked kind of creepy.

2 comments:

Lindahl News 2 said...

I do kinda have to agree with Jed...the picture of all the donated hair is rather creepy.

BUT,what a great cause!

I remember when you (Anne) donated your hair in your sophomore year of college for the cause, too. Your before and after photos were pretty dramatic!

Alli said...

Haha, the half-shaved beard is probably the creepiest thing to me! Fun (if creepy) pictures.