
It was my grandma's birthday yesterday.(She is the woman on the far left in the picture). Although I wasn't able to talk directly to her on the phone yesterday, I still was able to leave a message for the woman who has made such a difference in my life.
When I was little, my grandparents were only a fifteen minute drive away. I would go there on Sundays after church, and for "sleepover" nights. Anytime I went there, I would hound down my grandmother to play with me. She patiently rearranged the dollhouse with me. She taught me the meaning of "playing hardball" in playing Skip-bo or Rummikub. She was always there to give me graham crackers, and bake cookies with me. She taught me how to make a daily schedule and mostly follow it, of course a trip or two extra to get ice cream or candy at the general store might have snuck in there somehow.
So, I would love to just say again, happy birthday, to my dear and wonderful grandmother who I love so much!
2 comments:
That middle paragraph about your memories with Grandma is so sweet.
She is a dearie, to be sure!
Anne, what a lovely tribute to your grandma. I remember when you were in an English class doing memoirs and one that you did about this grandma and baking cookies. Seems like yesterday you were reading the draft to me aloud in Burgh.
Your grandma is lucky to have a granddaughter like you!
Post a Comment