First of all, in the snow, my husband has been able to be my knight in shining armor, actually more in lined winter boots, but still, he was my hero yesterday.
Last night, I played the role of the good wife housekeeper extraordinaire. I cooked dinner for one of the first times of our married life, egg souffle, and it even tasted good! Jed helped with the bacon, and we had ourselves a little feast that filled our bellies to contentment. Also for my honey, I made oatmeal cookies. which later, I was told needed to have some of them with raisins in them because those were more normal than the plain. I also put away our laundry and made our bed with hospital corners and everything!
I decided to brave the storm around 7:45pm, to go to the gym to "work on my fitness." Most of the time excersise falls into the category of "good idea" but yesterday, perhaps it should've been "bad idea" due to the blizzard-like weather conditions. (p.s. nbc 5 news last night had a few struggling reporters giving attempts to capture the severty of the weather and traffic conditions and they were barely making it themselves-quite a funny picture to us that wasn't really that funny but gave us a chuckle anyway).
Surprisingly Galter was still being used by many workoutaholics, and I had a pleasant time. Driving home wasn't too bad, but then the parking element of it all got me completely unrailed. I drove around the block a few times trying to find an open legal area for my car. When one could not be found, I attempted to pull into the alley behind our building where there is a parking lot. Instead of making it up the slight hill to the alley, my car froze, stuck in the ditch. I switched on my flashers, ran inside, and that is when my hero came to my rescue. Jed helped to push the car with success up into the alley, and then he drove around with me until we found a spot. Success. This is probably the best loving gesture that I could've wished for at this time.
Thank you Jed, and Happy Valentine's Day to all!
1 comment:
Yay for Jed! Yay for you! Ain't love grand???
Post a Comment