I was thinking that some of you out there must have a funny, scary, silly, sad, or embarrassing school story. If you feel up to it, I would love to hear about them! Either post them in the comments section or on your own blog for others to read and enjoy. I can't wait!
3 comments:
Okay...I'll be the first to start!
I always loved those early years in school when it was Art. No matter what the project was, I dug right in with gusto! So, in kindergarten when it was MAKE A COLORFUL KITE day, I colored, I folded, added a long piece of string, made construction paper ties for the string. The clock (not that I could tell time yet)
dragged, and finally I could bring my kite home to give it a try!
We were living in Colorado at that time (and in what is a very strange twist of fate - our son-in-law comes from the same town!!), and I changed out of my "school clothes" and ran outside to fly my new kite! I wasn't allowed to go far from home, so I ran down the sidewalk in front of our house.
Just a few steps running, without the kite even becoming airborn, I tripped and fell in the street gutter. Ouch! Double ouch!
Crying and complaining to Mom, I finally got through that this REALLY hurt. Yes indeedy, going to the Dr. revealed I had broken
my collarbone!
As far as Art Class went, it was my first and final attempt at kite construction. Eventually, I majored in Art in college, and have many stories from those classes as well. The strangest involves a Seminary student nearly
naked posing for Drawing class...
Oh, which to choose...
There's the time in elementary school Art class when I took the eraser off of the pencil to see what was underneath (which made a huge popping sound, drawing the teacher's attention) and was scolded because it had taken her a long time to get the erasers on the pencils (didn't she know that you can buy pencils with erasers?)
Or the time I showed up in a softball uniform, thinking that it was Sports Day of School Spirit week...it was actually the next week...
Or the time I wrote a note to my sixth grade teacher about freedom of speech after I got in trouble for talking during "lights-out" in the cafeteria...
hey anne! I love reading your blog! Your post made me think of a few stories. My all time favorite was in junior high. I was leaving science and as I was walking down the hall during the passing period (when EVERYONE is in the hall) I kept stepping on something. Not thinking I just kicked my foot to "unstick" whatever it was. No sooner had I kicked my leg than a pair of underwear were flying in mid air down the hall!! Someone's underwear had caught in my pants in the wash. I was mortified! :P
Post a Comment