

Recently, I have gotten started on facebook. No, not just started, but hooked on what has connected me to people who I haven't talked to or seen since the end of my high school graduation party. Friends from Croc. Pie, Band-ees (yes, I was a band geek), friends and teammates from college, cousins who I haven't had contact with in a while, and also yet another way to connect with people who I see fairly often.
I will admit right now that I have been suckered into numerous applications on facebook as well. I have increased my knowledge of world geography, I have given friends fish for their virtual fishtanks, and I have even been able to cast virtual Harry Potter spells in which that person is sent an image of a puddle of water. Why is this so cool? I have no idea.
The cool part really for me is getting to see the pictures of my friends' lives in their posted photo albums in which I can browse at my leisure. I also greatly enjoy sending a quick hello on someone's wall, which sometimes seems much more convenient than email. And, I have a sweet satisfaction when someone writes a hello on my wall.
However, in this new found hobby of facebooking, which really is not taking over my life as much as it may seem, I have neglected and developed brain-freeze in regards to my blog. Everytime I sit down to blog I find myself staring at a blank posting that I know I am stumped to fill.
I had been spoiled by facebook. Facebook is so easy. You get on, check out if people have updated anything by looking at the constantly updated Newsfeed reel. It is simple, easy, and does not take much to do or maintain, but it is not the same as my dear old blog.
Neverfear, however, because I have decided to quit this abandonment once and for all. I may not post quite as often, but you can bet your bottom dollar that you will still continue to be in on a little slice of life here at the Bassett household. And, maybe you will even be hearing and reading more from Jed as well. Who knows...
2 comments:
You do have a dear old blog, Anne, and I hope you will keep at it!! I love hearing about your travels, adventures, teaching experiences,
observations and such. I love the pics, too!
I'm too square and old to go on Facebook, so I count on your blog as a means of communicating with you and Jed!
I'm with Deb (too old and square for facebook) but I'm totally intrigued by your description of old friends, classmates, etc. Hm.
Post a Comment