

It is always so hard to know when the time has come to finally get the inevitable haircut. For women, it is probably easier to just let your hair grow and grow without much thought whatsoever. No one comments to tell you that your hair is getting too long, while in the mean time, you do all that you can do to throw your locks into a 'do' that is boring, plain, and possibly outlandish if you let loose what your ponytail really contained.
I go back and forth often about where to get my hair trimmed, chopped, or just plain updated, and I keep going back to the direction that my pocketbook might not be happy with me for.
This summer, I chose to get my hair cut at a bad time. Ladies, do NOT get your hair cut when you feel out of sorts. Believe me, it will end up making you feel worse rather than better. Unfortunately, my decision was during the time in which Jed was gone on the Mission Trip. I felt like a fresh cut would do just the trick in order to distract me from missing my hubby. However, when in the middle of my haircut, my hairdresser warned me that her dog was at the vet about to arrive out of surgery and there might be a slight chance that she would need to pick up the call from the pet during my cutting, I knew there was trouble.
Of course, the phone happened to ring about three times, and each time, she loudly asked the phone picker-upper if it was the vet. Obviously distracted, she managed to only cut one side of my longer/mini bangs. I had to politely ask her to cut the other side to match. In addition, after announcing that I was finished with my hair she brushed me off, and stood me up to look in the mirror at the finished product. My hair was uneven. Argh!
I hate having to ask any hairdresser to fix my hair, and I asked her if she thought that the cut was a little bit off, and she said, "I don't know, it's your hair." Yes, it is my hair, but she is the professional. In the end, she ended up taking small chunks and hacking them off until things looked okay. I got into the car frustrated, annoyed, and ready to pull out my hair.
So this is what I think of right now when I am thinking of going to get my hair cut within the next few months, and let me just say that I could do without another experience like that one.
4 comments:
Anne. How weird is it that last night I dreamt about your hair??
To make a very long story short, you had a freshly coifed, blonde streaked, just-below-the-chinline layered ADORABLE cut "do"!
A good haircut can make you feel like a million bucks, while a poor one can make you feel mousy, dull, and lacklustre. And the hairdresser can be your best friend or your nearly worst enemy. Your last experience with the beautician on the phone with her vet while simulataneously chopping your locks sounded nightmarish!
I like your hair with its honey color. It's straight, it's thick,
it's manageable. But, whatever you decide to do with it, you're still going to be beautiful to me -inside and out. Good luck!
Anne, I too know the power of a bad haircut.
I've been going back and forth about going in too because I'd like it trimmed up but the last few times I've come home feeling not so great about it.
Isn't hair funny??!??
So glad to see an update, you've been missed! Happy Friday!
YIKES. hope your next experience is a positive one. i've always been happy with noel at aqua salon in edgebrook. :)
I used to cry every time I got my hair cut. Every time, whether the stylist was my mother or a professional. Now Calvin cries WHILE I cut his, but seems okay with the finished product. :)
Good for you for sticking with it and helping your stylist finish the job.
PS -- I think I've seen you since this haircut, and you're beautiful!
Post a Comment