Wednesday, August 22, 2007

First Day with Staff

It was our first all-school institute day today, and I really felt for the first time that the school year is really coming now. AHHH! No, it really will be okay, don't worry.

After spending a little bit of time in my classroom and feeling like I sweat like there was no tomorrow, I got up all of my posters and bulletin boards (with fun borders) with a little bit of help from my teammate. Room looking presentable: check.

Now my task is to unload all of my previously packed up tubs of school stuff, go through and clean up my teacher desk, plan for the week ahead, place kids in the right classes, and talk with my teammate about our classroom policies all before the first full day of school with the kids on Tuesday. No wonder I can be in such a fog.

Yet, despite all of this, there is great excitement in the air about this upcoming year. Let the school year begin!

4 comments:

Lindahl News 2 said...

You're going to be just fine!!!!!!!

And, they're lucky to have you.

simplicity said...

I agree completely. You'll be GREAT!

I love the start of a new year too! AHH!

Mark & Megan said...

Tell me more Ann. Where and what are you teaching?? Mark could only fill me in on that fact that it is something new.
- Megan

Linnea said...

Hmm, I should move east. We had our first day of school on the 21st! Good luck!