Friday, April 01, 2011

Spring Break Part One: Indianapolis Children's Museum

In order for our family to take advantage of a little spring break vacation, we headed down south to the city of Indianapolis. Originally, we thought of heading to Springfield or Nashville, but the thought of too many hours of driving in the car overwhelmed us.

Our first stop in I-town (is it okay if I call it that?) was the Children's Museum. As it was a cold day in the middle of the week during spring break, it was definitely a little bit nutty with the amount of people there. But, Ellie seemed to enjoy it, and we liked watching her enjoyment, so all was not lost.

Ellie riding in a pretend train with Jed.

Oh where should I put this flower?  Over the fence, perhaps?

Wow, how did everyone get so tall and stretched out?

My parents dressed me up in a dino-costume, and I think I kind of liked it.

Now where did those eggs go?

Large domed room with staged skeleton dinosaurs - the best dinosaur exhibit we've ever seen!

A glow in the dark mirror/maze exhibit had us in suspense.

This Chihuly work of art was the center of the Museum.  It was mesmerizing.

Me and my lady in front of a polar bear (sorry, polar bear, I cut you out of this....)

3 comments:

erik and courtney said...

I just read about that museum in my parent magazine! I thought my boys would really enjoy the dinosaur exhibit...how long the drive?

Anne Bassett said...

About 3 hours....Your boys would LOVE it!

Alli said...

I love the dino costume!