Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Bad Hair Day got you down? Not this little lady.

Just after eating part one of dinner, I decided to kill some time styling up our little one's silky, strange mane.

Jed and I had been admiring and commenting earlier today on how weird it is to watch a baby's hair change. It's dark, no wait, red. Eek! It's falling out in the back. There's still a long hair in the back of the worn away patch. How does that happen? Oh wait, is it really growing in blonde at the roots or does it have a hint of strawberry in it? (Hey, we're on summer break, what other kinds of deep, riveting conversations might we have on a lazy July afternoon?)

Anywho, I decided to see just how much crazier I could actually make it. I got my hands souped up with water (not too much) and went to town arranging her hair into a fluffy, disheveled spiky creation. Jed and I had ourselves in hoots watching Ellie behave normally with the new troll-inspired 'do.



It actually seemed to get her more riled up to have us chuckling so much. She was laughing and "talking" like crazy.




We love this girl.

4 comments:

Spirit Bear said...

Thanks for the "heads up" on Ellie's hair. You made our evening, and of course we had to share with all who walked by. I also love that chair! What a darling girl. ENJOY the summer.

Sarah said...

So cute! I love her dimples too!

Lindahl News 2 said...

I could go back to these ovwer and over again --- they bring a smile to my face every time!

Bassett's Too said...

Too cute! We have the same talk about Addison's hair. Depends on what color she is wearing, what light she is in, etc.