Friday, June 11, 2010

First Niblet of Rice Cereal

Ellie tried her first "bites" of food yesterday night for dinner.
The verdict (for Ellie): she likes it!
The frustration (for Ellie): she can't quite figure out the whole eat and swallow thing.



As you can see in the video, she is definitely interested in eating. But, she tries so hard to eat and then it all slides out of her mouth. It's all about practice. She'll get it when she's ready.

Until then, Jed and I will continue to have our little chuckles in watching her eat. And of course, we will be more prepared to handle the mess that feeding a baby brings (this is one thing that I was not necessarily expecting; boy, was I naive).

3 comments:

Lindahl News 2 said...

Soooooooo cute! She does look like she is very interested in food.

I love the new look on your blog!

Katie said...

She did great! She looks like she's thinking, "What in the world is this??? It isn't half bad!" (which is high praise for rice cereal, which is something like wallpaper paste).

Sarah said...

So cute! We're planning on testing some cereal on Sawyer this weekend...I think it will be hilarious!