Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My First Mother's Day (sounds like it would be a children's book title...)

What a different feel for a day that I have known and experienced for a long time. The day felt completely different and brought on new meaning to the day this year for me.

The day started with Jed taking care of Ellie before I got up to feed her. Then, when I came downstairs, there was a surprise for me that he and Ellie had made. It was a beautiful flower pot completed with painted words and hand prints (of Ellie's) wishing me a Happy Mother's Day. The flowers in it were lovely, too! I got a little card as well that was from "baby" with some sweet words and pictures in it. Thank you Jed and Ellie!


After our little morning, we were off to church for the early service with John and Kari and my parents. It was a lovely service, and afterwards we headed off to the Botanic Gardens for a brunch of omelets, hash browns, and cinnamon rolls as well as a lovely jaunt around the grounds.

I didn't end up getting any pictures of my own with my mother, however, as she was happily taking pictures out and about while we were walking. Here is a picture of me with my little darling on Mother's Day.


Ellie thoroughly enjoyed looking at the plants and getting to spend time with her grandparents, aunt & uncle, and parents. She was a rock star checking everything out and soaking everything in.






What a lovely day!

2 comments:

Amy and Andrew said...

Happy Mother's Day, Anne!

Anne Bassett said...

Thank you!