When thinking back about this week, I can't help but feel like it was a whirlwind of excitement and of check off lists of things that I had to do.
Now that it is Friday, and I am thinking back about the week, I am looking for at least one quality post of which to write about.
This week, I would like to honor a man of quality, my brother. Believe me when I say that I am so proud of what my little brother has grown up to be.
My brother, John, works at my school doing the after school child care program. He is so responsible. He is always there on time, he always has a good attitude about what it is that he has to do. (And trust me, with a whole batch of 1st and 2nd graders running around after school this can be hard to do)
It is 'teacher appreciation' month at my school, and this week they delivered lunches to all staff members, including John. At first, he was hesitant to have someone do that for him, a part-timer. The sweetest thing happened when the person who was in charge of bringing my brother's lunch told me - you know, your brother really does a great job. Yes he does.
He ended up graciously accepting the lunch, and got to come to school and eat lunch with me. Even though this teacher's lunchroom might not have been the place where a junior/senior in college would've felt comfortable, he was so comfortable and friendly. He is a quality guy.
John later found that mom in school and thanked her for the lunch all on his own. I couldn't have been a more prouder sis.
Way to go, John, you are the best!
2 comments:
Remember when you thought your little bro was such a pest, and how maybe, just maybe, one day the two of you would be friends??? Well, that day has come and I know how much the two of you like and love each other and it makes me so so so happy!
He is great, isn't he? And you are, too!
happy quality friday (on tuesday), anne. glad you're able to have such a quality person to post about! :)
Post a Comment