Friday was another night of a first for me - my first time of ever playing whirlyball. It was fantastic!
Before we arrived to play, I have to admit that I was really nervous. I kept having little butterflies dancing around in my stomach doing little flip flops. Jed and I arrived early, and we were able to watch the three different courts playing up a storm.
The first thing I noticed about these players was that they seemed to be moving really slow. I felt like it was a basketball game, but in extreme slow motion (this is completely not true once you are actually in the game playing, but on the outside it appears to be slower). I also noticed that people seemed to be struggling to pick up the wiffle ball from off of the ground. (I found out later that this was very difficult as well).
Anyway, I ended up having the time of my life, and I wish that we could've played for even longer. If you haven't played, you need to play! It is exciting, challenging, and an absolute blast. Who knew someone could have such a fun time scooting around in bumper cars playing basketball with a wiffle ball and short-ish lacrosse type sticks? I certainly didn't know, and now I can't wait to go play again!
2 comments:
You have educated me about a sport/game I knew zip about. Where did you play this Whirlyball...in the city or a suburb? Is it something for all ages? Do you really get bumped around just like with the bumper cars in amusement parks?
I didn't know Whirly ball was in those car things, I thought it was like volleyball or something but you can't see the others??? Maybe I'm confused?
Regardless, so glad to hear you had a good time. Love all your adventures!
Post a Comment