Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Benefits of Being a Teacher

What other job can surprise you like teaching? Every day is different. It has its ups its downs, and of course as a teacher you reap the benefits during class pictures time.

At our school, we take pictures twice a year. Once in the beginning of the year, and once during March. Everyone must take a picture in the beginning of the year - no exceptions. Spring pictures, however, are optional for staff, preferred for students, but no retakes are allowed. (So many regulations!)

Last year, I wasn't clever enough to get my pictures taken in the Spring. I got my normal fall pictures.
This year, I took my fall pictures like normal...
And now, this year, I was able to take pictures this Spring. I woke up on picture day, my hair was good, I was content with my outfit, why not get my picture taken? Who knew what would be the result of that action?
A week ago, I received 32 postcards with my picture for free! I thought that the fun was over, but today, I received in my office box a cardboard package from LifeTouch. What could be inside?!?

I opened it up...

...to find a whole package of pictures - just for me - of me! Wow!

What amazement had I! Ah, the perks of being a teacher!

Life is good. This is way better than an apple!

P.S. I couldn't help but zoom in...in one of the parts of the package were a few keychain accessories. How cool is that?

5 comments:

Lindahl News 2 said...

Hey Anne, those pictures of you look really really cute! Can I have one...or two? Even a big one?
You are so darn adorable! Love, Your Mother

simplicity said...

I don't think I will ever get used to seeing your name Mrs. Bassett. I mean, I know you're Anne Bassett but Mrs. Bassett??? Oh my.

I love all the pictures. You are such a cute teacher!

The Process said...

Hoping that Jed is going to be sportin' that key chain!! : )

Lindahl News 2 said...

Lucky me! I am now the proud owner of an Anne key chain photo/fob, an Anne bookmark, a black and white photo of Anne, and two wallets of Anne. Talk about hitting the MOTHER lode...haha!
Thanks, Anne!

Unknown said...

Anne - thank you for the picture and keychain! You are so pretty! I love you!