Friday, April 13, 2007

Good Books, Good Authors

Let me just start off by saying that I love to read, I really do. Ever since I was little, I would devour up literature like there was no tomorrow. I particularly loved certain books in series. The Boxcar Children, Babysitter Little Sister, Sweet Valley Kids, and The Babysitter's Club were some of my absolute favorites. I also had a brief point in time were I had an interest in the RL Stine's Goosebumps books.

I would read through books so fast, that my parents would not even try to keep up with buying me new books because I would read through them and just want more. I was always hungry for more words.

I even remember back to the day when my first grade class got two pizza parties that year for our many books read! It was great!

As I have gotten older, I don't have quite as much time to read. I bounce around between the various genres that I like. Right now, I will admit, I am in the slightly sassy fluff phase.

I have just finished reading the fourth book in the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants (Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood)- a series by Ann Brashares. It was so good! I was hooked from page one. I don't want to spoil the ending for any of you, so I won't go into the plot line too much, but if you like well written fluff, you might want to try these books out.

What are some of your favorite books? What are the books that you simply cannot put down without a fight? What are some books that made you laugh out loud? Some that made you cry?

I am always looking for new books to read, and I would love some good suggestions!

3 comments:

simplicity said...

Anne,
I loved some of the same books as you growing up. I too am always looking for a good book. Perhaps we should start a long distance book club! :)

I'm in the middle of reading a couple different things, "Love Walked In" is a fiction quick read, "The Mommy Wars" is a non fiction series of mothers accounts of their choices to work/stay home etc.

Have you ever read the Time Travelers Wife? That's a great one. I'll keep thinking/scouring my bookshelf. Maybe I can send a few old reads I own.

Lindahl News 2 said...

You and I talk about (and share)
adult books we are reading. But, I don't usually tell you about the recent top children's books that are currently favorites:

1. Shadow Spinner by Susan
Fletcher
2. The River Between Us by
Richard Peck
(also A Long Way From Chicago
-see my recent blog)
3. The Gold Miner's Daughter by
Jackie Mims Hopkins
4. Once Upon a Marigold by Jean
Ferris
5. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson
Levine
6. Teacher's Pets by Dayle Ann
Dodds
7. Dooby Dooby Moo by Doreen
Cronin
8. Is There Really a Human Race?
by Jamie Lee Curtis
9. Look! Look! Look! by
Nancy Elizabeth Wallace
10. Hatchiko Waits by Leslea
Newman

ses said...

Currently wrapping up "Marley & Me" by John Grogan. If you are a lover of dogs as I am, you will enjoy the read!