Needless to say, Ethiopian food has not become my new favorite food, but it was fun to try and spend time with such great people.
Don't worry, our adventures did not stop there. The following morning, Lisa and I asked ourselves the question, "What is a true vacation without a little bit of a road trip?" We found ourselves driving/mini-trekking up to a small town very close to Mount Vernon for the Tulip Festival. We went to this little place called Tulip Town, where we frolicked in the cold fields checking out the thriving beautiful flowers.
On the way home, Lisa and I did some exploring in the small town in the local bookstore, art shop, and ended our adventure for the day and took a break at a local restaurant/coffee shop/bakery-it was delicious! I got a wonderful slice of Peanut Butter chocolate pie and Lisa got a ginger and molasses cookie. We louged around on the couch eating treats and getting coffee, revving up for our ride home.
All in all, it was a fantastic day, and a fantastic trip. I had to head home in the morning on Tuesday, and here I am now back in Chicago with wonderful memories in a wonderful city with a wonderful friend! Goodbye, Washington, until next time!
4 comments:
The pictures of the tulip fields remind me of the Wizard of Oz movie when they are almost to the Emerald city.
Looks like you had a great time!!!
Aren't tulips just about the cheeriest flowers ever? Did you know that the tulip is probably Grandma L.'s favorite?
Mmmm...I love Ethiopian food. I was thinking exactly the same thing as Samara about the tulips!
What day did you hit the ROOZENGAARD Tulip Festival? I WAS THERE ON FRIDAY! HAHAHA! I'll post picts tomorrow. Hope you enjoyed your trip. I LOve Seattle!
Post a Comment