When my dear asks to go to the park, it is with some specific conditions that I respond "yes, we can go to the park." #1: I can't push you on the swing and #2: I will have to sit on the bench and watch you while you play.
While I sit on the bench, watching her play and run by her lonesome, I try not to get too judgmental about how sedentary and disengaged I must look to others around me.
Who needs me to push her on the swing? She can just push her special friend "Ba-nessa" (aka "Vanessa") on the swing.
Who needs to be able to bend over and help her play in the sand and find "treasures"? She can find rocks on her own.
What a good girl I have!
Here's to still being able to make it to the park. Happy weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment