Saturday, October 20, 2012
I Like Books
With our new routine this school year, after Jed leaves and I am bustling around the house, Ellie is left (mostly) to her own devices to eat breakfast/entertain herself once breakfast is over.
One morning, I came downstairs after drying my hair and brushing my teeth to find our little lass in this array above of books. Not wanting to fault her for making a mess (because, let's be honest, what better items to be making a mess with?), I asked what the books were doing all around her. "I'm reading to Vanessa, momma" she told me.
May this love for books continue as she ages.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had an author, come to our school yesterday, and he gave an engaging presentation to our students. He said that he actually hated to read when he was younger, and his brother tricked him into becoming a reader through an ever so classic behavioristic approach.
If you are looking for something unique to read these days and don't know where to start, why not check out some of his books (can you tell that he is inspired by comics/superheroes?):
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Thinking of you as you near baby #2's arrival! And I'm off to check out that author and his books. Henry might enjoy those!! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment