There have been many moments of The Sound of Music with my Lindahl side of the family where one person starts to watch the film. Slowly, but surely, the rest of the family trickles in and we become a chorus of singers. Some of us may even have busted out a time or two into fanciful dance moves or dramatic reenactments alongside the movie. Either way, I have fond memories with this movie and the memories and my family soaking it all in together.
In efforts to spice up the bedtime routine, I sometimes offer up "new" alternatives to Ellie's traditional one song before bed request. A few months ago, I sang to her "Edelweiss" and for a few weeks straight it was the constant favorite request at nighttime. She hasn't been asking for it quite as much lately, so I wanted to capture this on video before she wouldn't want to sing it with me or remember it as well.
Quite frankly, this is not the best video ever, and I am kind of embarrassed by my cut off head and morning hair/singing voice. But, I know that this video will be one that my grandparents (and other family members) might enjoy more for sentimental reasons, hence why I am still posting it.
Love to all of my family members and other Von Trapp Family Singers Posers out there!
Oh, and for all of you who want to remember how it really looked and sounded in the actual film, check out this YouTube link here for your own enjoyment.
1 comment:
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!!!
Post a Comment