I have about 10 projects that I would like to get done around the house, all having to do with organization and adding storage.
Unfortunately, in order to make it to fruition, many of these projects require a "handy-man." My personal handy-man is not nearly as enthusiastic about these projects as I seem to be (though he is willing to humor me, taking on all of these projects at once is just a smidge overwhelming to take in).
Certain things I am able to do myself, which is lovely as I am starting to feel like my growing midsection is slowing me down from my norm. Thinking back to even a month ago, I was much more dainty and spry.
Taking inspiration from a new favorite organization blog of mine, one undertaking as of late has been dealing with the closet under our basement stairs.
I did not get a before picture, but I can say that it was really in a bad state. It was impossible to walk more than 2.5 inches into the closet without stepping over/into an abyss of clutter (paper, wrapping paper, ab roller, boxes, artwork, scrapbooking bags and MORE). Yikes!
I have had dreams of one day turning this sweet little nook of a closet into a mini-house/playroom of sorts for Ellie. Seeing as a place to store guest and wrapping items is of greater importance for the purpose of this closet, I channeled my nesting instincts to create this no-frills but organized new space.
I brought (Jed brought) down a bookshelf and a table from the garage.
The bookshelf is now a home to wrapping paper on the top (it can fit securely through the holes in the bookshelf), empty gift-y boxes in the middle, and yet MORE boxes on the bottom shelf.
On the table, there are two crates (so fancy, I know). One crate for gift bags, the other crate houses MANY holiday inspired tins.
(Maybe it should be my goal this Christmas to use these tins for wrapping gifts - I might have to get creative with what kinds of gifts will actually fit in the majority of these tins. Perhaps this would be a post for another day?)
Underneath the table, we have stored the aerobed, blankets, and pillows for guests. There was some random artwork/scrapbooking bags that went in this closet as well that ended up fitting snugly alongside the wall and shelves, but hey, that's okay.
I also got to use the electric sander today for the first time during Ellie's nap to prepare a bookshelf that will soon be located to Ellie's room (Don't worry, all doors in/out of the garage were open, and I made sure not to over-exert myself).
Jed will be painting it later.



No comments:
Post a Comment