Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Celebrating 60 Years!

Jed, Ellie, and I just returned home from being up north in the UP. While there, we got to be a part of the 60th anniversary celebration of my grandparents, Elder and Muriel.

I tried really hard to get a picture of the two of them looking at the camera at the same time without success. With two separate pictures, I think that you can get a good picture of what a handsome couple they are.



In attendance were all 4 of their children, 9 out of 10 grandchildren (we missed you, Victoria!), 3 significant others/spouses, 1 great-grandchild, 2 of my grandpa's siblings and spouses and a smattering of other friends and family who joined us for the occasion.

During the night, all of us grandkids shared little snippets of G&G. From advice received, thoughts of love and remembering, numerical "data" on how many meals, books, etc. G&G shared in a lifetime of 60 years (surprisingly this was not my contribution...), much was shared during the course of the evening.

Dinner was italian food following by much coveted raspberry pies. Yum!



Congratulations on 60 years of marriage G&G! You are an inspiration to us all!

1 comment:

Lindahl News 2 said...

They are an inspiration! I loved getting your perspective on this event - job well done!