
In the morning, after getting up to nurse my little poopsie, as we affectionately like to call her these days, it is not unheard of for me to bring Ellie back into our bed for a little bit to hang out.
One morning in particular felt particularly cozy. Oliver was joining the family in the bed as well, and it turned into a real morning party. I tucked Ellie under the covers just to see what she would do, and strangely she seemed so grown up to me. Crazy.
I am glad that she and Oliver have started to take more of an interest in each other. Oliver, continuing to be around but not too close. Ellie, squealing, leaning and reaching, watching with her eyes his every move as he moves about the room. She has been more prone to try to pet him these days, and I am trying to teach her the concept of "gentle" petting of her feline friend. Alas, she has not quite picked up on this quite yet, and Oliver spends much time moving away from her just enough so she can't quite reach him. Clever boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment