Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Funny Snippet

Yesterday, while at church for playgroup (yes, I know it is silly as Ellie is not in the interactive, play with other kids stage of life...it is more for interactions with me and other adults at this point), a little girl (let's call her Susie) came over to me while I was nursing Ellie.

Susie: Do you have a baby under there? (Ellie was under a blanket as I was nursing her).

Me: Yes, I do

Susie: Well, can I see her?

Me: Ok. (I pull back the blanket so Susie can see the back of her head and body).

Susie: Can I see her face?

Me: Sorry, not right now. Ellie is eating.

Susie: (Disappointed) What's she eating?

Me: Breastmilk

Susie: (Confused) What's breastmilk?

Me: (ummm, AWKWARD!) I think that this is a question for your mommy.

Susie: Ok. (She runs over to her mom, gets her answer, and continues to play with other kids)

I guess she was satisfied with her mom's answer. Phew, that was a close one!

3 comments:

Lindahl News 2 said...

Ha! I think I might know who "Susie" is!

Unknown said...

I think I know who she is too and if it is the same little girl she also referred to the stage as "babyland." With 6 babies I would agree.

Alli said...

Too funny!