Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Kitchen!

The moment you've all been waiting for...the kitchen!

Here are the most recent pictures:

This is the view of what you see when you come around the corner from our living room. Before you used to just see a wall, trim, and the hint of a kitchen by the white fridge peeking out.

This is closer up from around the stove. We really like how the counter tops look with our red kitchen items - pretty sharp.
This is a view of our pantry and new door down to the basement. It will be really nice to be able to shut Oliver down there when we have company over or out if guests are visiting and staying in the basement. (We know, we know, we will be getting knobs up soon enough...)

Our dishwasher (a built in!) with the cabinets and under cabinet lighting is just swell, and it is fun to have some extra drawers too.

This is the close up of the lights above the peninsula area. After many trips back and forth between Home Depot and Lowe's, we settled on this design and think that they go rather well.
There are a few little things that TK still is working on, but in general it is a working, functioning, and perfect kitchen for us. Yea!

9 comments:

simplicity said...

I LOVE IT Anne! It looks awesome! So glad it's done and you're enjoying it! Now onto birthing that baby!!!

Amy and Andrew said...

Eh... I guess TK does ok work. :)

(Looks FABULOUS!)

Mrs. Ward said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Ward said...

Hey Anne!
The kitchen looks GREAT! Congratulations, and enjoy it!
-Maria

Sarah said...

Looks great! So much more spacious... :)

Anonymous said...

As a stay-at-home mom I realized I spent most of my time in the kitchen and it should make me feel great about cooking, baking, storing things with enough space. Congrats on your beautiful kitchen! I love the red items, we went for green :)

Lindahl News 2 said...

So gorgeous (that's Uncle Larry's "word" for 2010)!

Alli said...

Anne, it looks so amazing!!! I can't wait to see it in real life! Nice job TK!

Lindahl News 2 said...

Next up: a post of the baby's room????? Please?