I would have to say that Jed and I (in my opinion) are not quite conventional walkers. I have heard of many couples who would get up at 5am every morning to go for a walk, appreciating the stillness of the morning and the beauty of nature. I have also heard of people who like to go for little walks to certain destinations - for ice cream or another sort of sweet treat, a grocery store visit, window shopping, coffee dates, or other locations of the like.
While Jed and I do not fit these profiles at all, we occasionally find ways in which to invent our own style of being out and about for a 'walk."
On this particular day, I decided it would be fun to take a walk to Emily Oaks Nature Center in Skokie, which is about 10 blocks away from our house. Jed was not nearly as enthusiastic. But, a compromise was met - I walked there by myself, Jed met me there (by car), and we both walked back together to our house, picking up Jed's car at a later time.
We had a great time, and we learned a lot about the programs that Emily Oaks has to offer, and we are pumped to sign up for composting class, a session on energy saving tips, and the February Freeze event (where we can go ice skating on a little pond with hot chocolate!). We were able to find our own way to make our walk journey our own, and what a fun time we had!
5 comments:
Glad you found your own way...and love the expressions on your (cold) faces!
What a great way to spend your walk! Exercise AND education!
Emily Oaks is such a great place, so lucky to have it as a nice destination for a walk or bike ride : )
Sounds like fun! I'm trying to get Luke over to the North Park Nature Center in the snow, but so far he hasn't caved. : )
I love the picture of your cold faces!
Post a Comment