Thursday, January 29, 2009

Confession Time

I just finished watching Biggest Loser from this week, and I can't help but feel so inspired by the people on the show who are working so hard to make such a huge change in their lives. I mean, how many of us have ever had the guts to drop everything to try to reverse our entire way of life, our routines, and the whole while live away from our loved ones during this time of change. Wow, that would be so hard!

It is because of this that I found myself tearing up many times throughout the show about the small victories that these people have made. The moment in particular when I actually had tears streaming down my cheeks was when a guy who originally was over 400 pounds was able to run for a full FIVE minutes on the treadmill after many repeated failed attempts. Of course, the Rocky theme song type music was playing in the background which only heightened the emotion of it all.

During this particular episode, people had the chance to reunite with their teammates who had temporarily been eliminated trying to maintain weight and healthy habits at home. And, if the contestants didn't meet the required weight percentage both him/her AND his/her partner would be eliminated as well. So tragic! I was tearing up on and off through the entire weigh-ins, and I ended the show feeling like I needed to get up and commend them for the inspiration that they added to my night (I know, I can be kind of a dork sometimes...).

Way to go one and all! I am rooting for all of you!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I've heard of grown men crying while they watch this show. It must be good!

Alli said...

Tuesday night class means that I just don't have a chance to watch the show right now, but I am right with you. Luke likes to watch it too, but when he's not home and I'm watching it alone, I have definitely been in tears!

Ingrid said...

I cry during every episode of that show! I love it!

Lindahl News 2 said...

If you are a dork, you are a very kind dork and I love you for that sensitivity!

Weigh to go!