Saturday, January 24, 2009

Egg Timer

The other day when I was at Crate and Barrel, I found the cutest little kitchen contraption ever - a happy, red, plastic egg timer. Supposedly, the red color that it comes in, starts to change into maroon at different levels indicating how well cooked your eggs would be. I just had to try it out.

At home, I was eager to see for myself if this egg timer was all it was 'cracked up' to be. I put the egg timer in the water with the eggs, and I watched slowly fill in just as the instructions had said that it would. I waited until it filled to the 'hard-boiled' section, and ta-da! I got myself perfectly cooked eggs. Awesome!



6 comments:

Unknown said...

It really is the little things in life that make us happiest, huh? :)

melanie. said...

i got one of these when i got married. my husband laughs at me all the time, because the real reason i use it? i can't boil an egg. oops. but this little thing helps me out, i haven't gotten a bad egg since!

Alli said...

Anne, I love that you used a pun in this post. Also, you just may have inspired me to make egg salad for lunch tomorrow. : )

Lindahl News 2 said...

How wonderful that an egg timer can brighten your life! Boil, boil away.

simplicity said...

I love it and have it on the list to purchase for my dad. He loves hard boiled eggs and every time he goes to boil them he calls and asks how long??

Heather and Spencer said...

Hi Anne and Jed! Just discovered your blog! I definitely need one of these egg timers! Hope you two are great! :)