It was at this store that I learned to work as a team, learn when it is most important to keep your mouth shut, learn when it is important to speak up, learn and live up to the responsibillites given, and of course deal with the most un-deal-able type people who happen to come along the way.
It was also the place where I grew my family outside of my regular family. I not only had my biological mother; I had many other mothers who I would talk to often or look up to for advice when I needed a second opinion or just needed to vent. Croc. Pie was my home away from home, my safe place.
As I grew older, it still was a haven for me to go to and was hard for me to stay away for too long. I met many authors, participated in many a sidewalk sale, and made it through the rush of many Christmas seasons of wrapping, wrapping, and more wrapping.
Now, as it is time for the store to change owners, I look back on my years there, and I am so thankful for the people and the place that this store was to me. Thank you, Croc. Pie for everything! You will be missed!
2 comments:
It was wonderful to be at this gathering, wasn't it? Thanks for being my escort for the evening of fun and memories...and for getting me the job there - albeit a brief stint!!
I'm going to miss the Pie!!! It won't be the same without Kim behind it all.
is the store itself closing / changing names? we've enjoyed the fruits of your labor there and know some of what it has meant to you. a moment of silence ....
Post a Comment