Wednesday, July 09, 2008

What's New...

#1 New thing: Jed has had his birthday - you'll have to ask him how old he is. We went out for deep-dish pizza with Cam and Gwen (Linnea was out for the night) Gwen was a riot and kept us greatly entertained. We didn't even need to hire clowns for the evening or anything. As you can tell in the first picture, she was really REALLY excited to have the cake come to the table.


#2 New Thing: Camping Trip was on our agenda as a part of our vacation. We went with about 20 other folks for a lovely time. This year, there was good luck with sun for the most part during the day, but both nights ended with all of us around the campfire in rainjackets and/or umbrellas. We also got to see the local ski show, which was not quite up to par as much as it had been the year before.

#3 New Thing: Cabin Time! We got to be at the cabin for a whole week. It was fantastic to get to be outside enjoying nature and taking a very relaxed approach to our schedules. Barbara, Nathan, and Sanne were at the cabin next door to us for most of the time and it was great to fellowship with them and their family as well. Jed caught a few big fish, and we also celebrated the 4th of July with family for a great ole Yooper parade. I loved the "Frooties" candy that we collected from the passing floats. We also celebrated Jed's, John's, Kari's, My, and my dad's birthdays at White Stag for a tasty summer and festive hats and decorations. Wow, what a time!

New Thing #4: My Birthday - Surprisingly, I did not feel that old this year as I turned one year older. I was much more in shock last year. Jed and I had a nice little night going out for dinner and out to the movie, GET SMART (really funny movie, by the way). I also got to celebrate with Alli and Maria as well - thanks to you all!

6 comments:

Amy and Andrew said...

Happy birthday guys! Sounds like you've been enjoying summer as it should be enjoyed.

Melissa said...

Happy birthday, Anne! :)

Lindahl News 2 said...

Lots of stuff to report and I like the way you did it!

Again, Happy Birthday to you BOTH!

Alli said...

Where did you go out to eat? Cute pic of the two of you. Happy Birthday Jed and Anne!

And nice fish, Jed!

Alli said...

I also love the picture of you, Gwen and Jed, and the way she is looking at Jed. So funny.

simplicity said...

Happy Birthday Anne and Jed! So glad that you have been enjoying such a great summer!