OLIVER, the story of how he came into our lives, and what he is doing now...
Jed and I have talked about getting a cat for awhile, but an opportunity for us to get one has not shoved itself in our faces until now. We wanted to find out more. Why would she want to be getting rid of him? What was his personality? Was he crazy?
After chatting back and forth with her, it turns out that he doesn't fit her "lifestyle" because she had another cat before him who did not get along at all with the kitten. He was too peppy, too zesty for the other cat, and since he was newest, he had to go.
So, last night after picking him up and carrying him out to the car in a Crate and Barrel box, we knew that we better stock ourselves up with some proper cat equipment from Target. Litter Box -check. Scooper - check. Litter - check. Food dish - check. Food - check. Carrying Bag - check. We were prepared. Oliver would be all set.
When we got home, Oliver darted around like mad, smelling every little inch around and then some. He seemed excited to be in a new place.
This morning, he was an early riser, and was willing whole heartedly to crawl into bed with us as we were groggily trying to start the day.
He was there to greet me when I got home this afternoon and willing to play with his little toys immediately. I love how he can be so entertained following a butterfly on a wire being spun around in circles again and again. These are some of the things just this evening that I have seen him do.
Look for his toys:
Get hugs from me (he doesn't look so pleased about it so much, does he?):
7 comments:
This is Dad. Mom just showed me your blog. Congrats on your new little one. I am concerned that you have left Marshie in the dust out here...maybe the little guy needs a momma to help out with training. I can bring her down in the morning if you give me the word!
Dad
This is Mom. That little Oliver is cute as a...kitten! We can't wait to meet the little furball soon.
Very sweet little kitten!
Aw, he is so cute!!!
I love that last picture. I'm excited to meet him too!
I LOVE HIM! He's the cutest! Congratulations on your new addition!
Awwwwww. So cute. Congratulations on your new little one! :)
Too cute!!
He looks like a very sweet cat. Enjoy your newest addition!
Post a Comment