Saturday, March 08, 2008

Long time coming

Last weekend, I got to have a two part journey to see both Samara (and Jeff and Henry) and my grandparents.

Samara and I had a great time together. As she posted in her blog, we both agreed that our time together felt like one really long coffee date. We did make it for actual coffee during a portion of our time, but we also got to grab dinner at Panera, stay up late talking in the kitchen, and take some time to be girly and do a little shopping/browsing around Maple Grove Mall area. The time seemed to fly by. Before I knew it, Samara, Jeff, Henry, and I were headed to Covenant Manor where I got dropped off at my grandparent's apartment there.

I had not seen my grandparents since Christmas time, and the hustle and bustle then had made it hard to relax and enjoy each other's company and conversation.

They have recently moved from the duplex across the street, and it was fun to see their apartment decked out and lived in. It was so cute! On Saturday night, my grandpa put me to work assembling a television stand for their den. It was very similar to an IKEA item in which all parts were included and all that was needed was a little bit of elbow grease and about 30 minutes of time. We also were able to set up the DVD/VCR player to the television and figure out how to actually watch a movie once it was hooked up. We had success!

I was also able to enjoy several fine meals in their dining hall along with several of their friends.

All in all, it was a great weekend, and all of it seemed to go by so quickly. Many thanks to both parties for hosting me for the weekend! I had such a good time!

3 comments:

Lindahl News 2 said...

Nice job on putting together that piece of furniture! Their new plasma TV looks great on it!

They loved having you there last weekend, to be sure.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
simplicity said...

We had a WONDERFUL visit! And I know I owe you a phone call too :)