I stayed with one family of three, and Jed stayed with the other family of three. We had nightly family meals together (ranging from Chicken Pot Pie to Pasta to Ribs all with vegetables, of course!), assisted when needed in homework (my favorite: trigonometric identies. Jed's favorite: a variety of history questions), played games (one starting with a "c" that I can't spell and a few rounds of Settlers on the computer), and also hung out with some pretty cool people.
Though our camera was often times forgotten at the wrong house at the right time, we managed to savor a few moments of our time in pictures.
Here we are at a 'family' dinner, minus Kajsa, who was out at a track meet. This was our potluck meal of all of the leftovers from the week. Delicious. I especially enjoyed brocholli with soy sauce, a rare delicacy that was introduced into the potluck.
After announcing that he was a cookie fiend, Tyler had to run out and get a wide variety of cookies to satisfy his cookie needs. Who knew we would end up with mint oreos, frosted oatmeal cookies, vanilla wafers, the vanilla with chocolate stripe cookies, and double chocolate chip cookies. Wowza! I have never seen so many cookies get devoured so quickly.
We practiced awkward smiling here. Carlton tried out a potential school picture pose for next year. Collin showed off his cookie.
Kajsa joined us after her track meet, and had a smattering of foods for her dinner.
Thanks for the great week all of you. You are cool! We loved hanging out with you!
1 comment:
I enjoyed seeing pics of the kids you were pseudo parents for this past week!
Post a Comment