Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Christmas!

You may think that we have disappeared from the edge of the earth, but do not fear, we have just been out and about and have finally returned from our journeys. We have also been having computer issues, and my school computer is not quite the same when it comes to posting. Because of this, some of the pictures are not in the right direction, and for that I apologize. Jed is on his way to pick up the fixed computer as we speak.


Here we are celebrating Christmas and my Grandmother's birthday all at once. We had a lovely time eating in the dining hall. We caught her quite by surprise.



On our first big adventure, we (the five of us in the Lindahl Family) traveled in the Taurus to New Jersey, where my aunt and uncle and family live. In the town of Summit, there is the cutest little diner. We got to spend quite a bit of time at their house and exploring the quaint little town. And yes, the Starbucks there does carry the ever so famous black and white cookies. Yum!


We spent a morning in New York City wandering around and enjoying the sights. As this was my first time healthy exploring New York, I was amazed at all of the sights, sounds, and smells associated with this famous city. We got to stop for a pizza lunch and saw a lot of famous landmarks including Rockefeller Center and Times Square.


Here is John and I taking a breather at St. Patrick's church preparing for their Christmas service.

CHRISTMAS CAMP



After our trip to New Jersey, we went to Covenant Point for Christmas Camp. Here is Greta and Scott chilling on the couch. Greta has started an amazing cable knitting project. I was impressed and fascinated. Ask her about it sometime!


Of course, what is Christmas Camp without the infamous Settlers game and John Wallgren playing a little music on one of his favorite instruments? Many winners and games were had.


Aside from Settlers, we did manage to get outside to play some broom ball as the team, Pine Nuts. I didn't do any playing, but I did my part in making the team sign.


Our day of romping in the snow.


We love you, Covenant Point!

3 comments:

Lindahl News 2 said...

Fun pictures! My favorite is the one at Cov. Point looking out through the icicles.

Welcome home!

simplicity said...

You sure had a very full Christmas break! I love all the pics! We'll have to set up a time to catch up soon!

Linnea said...

Busy, busy!

I see your Barack link....are you excited about Iowa? I am! :)