Saturday, July 21, 2007

I Heart Harry Potter!

Last night, I was able to get in on a little bit of the Harry Potter mania, at a cute children's bookstore in Libertyville. We opened up the store at 11:30pm, and sold books starting at 12:01 AM. It was amazing that there were so many people, they could hardly all fit in the store.

Setting up the store:



We distributed tickets in order of arrival to the store, and in general, most people were in good spirits and just plain thrilled to be getting the last of the Rowling Harry Potter Series. Some people did some other shopping while waiting to purchase the book (which I thought was a little random in terms of making the evening at the cash register flow well, but hey, good for them!)

While folks were waiting around, they were able to look at posters with Harry Potter Trivia on it. Many tested their knowledge with great success. There were also some treats to partake in. My personal favorite were the "lightning bolt" cookies. They were out of this world sugar cookies - yum!


We were furiously selling books for an hour and a half, and I made it into my bed (in Libertyville) at 2 am. I think that this is the latest that I have been up all summer! Boy, was it worth it!

I had an absolute blast, and I think that all others did as well. From costumed childrens to teens, the happy and the tired, it was a great night!

4 comments:

simplicity said...

Very Cool Anne! I almost forgot about your Crocodile Pie days. What a fun experience to be on your end of it.

Lindahl News 2 said...

You are such an up-to-the-minute gal! You've just participated in something historical...the final book in the Potter series. Loved this entry in your blog. Gotta go- have to start reading #7!!!

erik and courtney said...

I can't believe you are already done reading it...but so excited that it is my turn!

Linnea said...

Nice! Now, you HAVE to check out the picture (right now it's the first one) in my friend's blog: http://zablanc.blogspot.com-it's too cute!