Saturday, November 15, 2014

First Snow

We had our first snow/frost/dusting outside this week. I went to get the girls moving along for the day, and I saw Ellie peering magically outside. I asked her what she was looking at, and she said "It snowed, mommy!" almost entranced with the white she saw out the window.

Maja stood up in her crib and started exclaiming "-now! -now!" (snow, snow) and I moved her over to the window to look out with Ellie.  For a few moments they were absolutely captivated taking in the splendor of the outside world.



When I looked outside this morning, it was not in sheer wonder, it was of impending winter doom.  What a way to get outside of myself witnessing something anew from a child's view.  For a moment, watching them looking outside, I, too, was enraptured in the first snow moment. How wonderful it is to be around excitement for the little things. 

1 comment:

Mrs. Ward said...

I love this post! (And, I love the colors in that picture of them in their room, with their curtains, walls, bed, PJ's, etc.!) It's so true...it's a gift to remember and experience the rapture, which slightly mitigates the dread. :)