We were in Minnesota over Thanksgiving Break to celebrate my grandfather's life and clear out his apartment. Not quite what we had originally planned for this holiday, but what a necessary and important time to provide closure after his death in early November.
I am still in the process of processing through his passing and have many moments where I feel like he is still up in the North Woods, drinking his daily cups of coffee, reading, and finding interesting articles to share with us on email. It's just so hard for me to believe that he is really gone.
There was something more final about his death than the rest of my grandparents. It seems like a true signal of the end of an era. The cycle of life is continuing on whether we are ready or not.
Luckily for us, we've got memories, photographs, and trinkets to serve as daily reminders of those who we've lost.
I am just so thankful that my girls had the opportunity to know their GGpa (and Ellie, her GGma) for a little short while.
Because things have been a little bit unpredictable for us, we decided to attempt a family picture while at the hotel one night. Thanks to John for being willing to snap some family shots of us crazy Bassetts.
We only have one salvageable picture that we are able to use this year. Most of the pictures had at least one of us with weird eyes, some sort of attitude, (reminds me of the McKayla olympian pictures that were everywhere for a spell) a crazy face, fingers or hair a flyin'
Looking at these pictures today have made me smile to myself a bit, so I thought I would share them with you.
May you find something today that brings you a smile as well.
1 comment:
My fave is #2 with all of you making funny faces!
Post a Comment