Apparently our family is expanding around here and I am a great-grandmother already. Wowzers!
Ellie and I were chatting today after her nap, and she said she had a baby, Julia, in her belly.
Baiting her just a schmidge, I continued to probe her about this baby.
Me: Where is Julia going to be born - at home or at the hospital?
E: At home.
Me: When is she going to be born?
E: In six days.
Me: How are you going to feed her?
E: I don't know, probably with balls (?) from the store.
Me: What about Lilia (a baby who has also been in Ellie's belly from time to time)? Where is she these days?
E: She came out already. She's three and has THIS many grandchildren (E holds up 10 fingers).
Me: Wow, TEN grandchildren - that's a lot!
E: Julia is upstairs (fast birth!) I am going to go get her.
Me: What does she look like.
No answer. E comes down the stairs with Doggie.
E: Here she is! And her older brother, Vagarent, is still upstairs sleeping.
So there you have it, we've had a new birth, Ellie is now a grandmother of TEN, a mother of THREE, and I guess that makes me a mother of two, a grandmother of three, and a great-grandmother of ten - oh boy! To think, just this morning, I thought I only had two offspring. I wonder what our family will look like in a week!
An Update: Julia is in the hospital now, because she broke her leg.
No comments:
Post a Comment