Saturday, March 30, 2013

First Taste of Food - Bananas!

A loose interpretation of a dialogue from Minnesota:

"Have you given Maja any "real" food yet?" My grandpa asked me at the table one night.

"No, I haven't. We've gotten the okay and we can give her food any time, I just haven't wanted to commit to it just yet." I said.

"Oh."

Fast forward to the end of the dinner with all food gone except for about 6-8 slices of banana sitting on a plate.

"Well, I guess there are a lot of bananas left.  Anyone want more bananas?" I asked around the table.

A chorus of no's ensued.

"Maybe Maja wants them." I remarked, turning to my Grandpa, "Hey, maybe we should give her her first taste of food tonight!"

"How fun!" my mother exclaimed.

I began to scoop the bananas into a little bowl and mash them with a fork nearby.  I found a small(ish) spoon in the drawer.

"Will you do the honors?" I asked my grandpa.

"Of course," he said.

And the rest was history.

What's this?  It looks interesting.

I love you, GGpa, but I am not so sure about what you're doing right now.

I'm not so sure about these bananas.



Is there something on my face?

What a night!

I love you, GGpa!
She seemed to like the experience, but didn't end up eating much of the bananas.  Oh well, there's a first time for everything.

No comments: