I'll be honest this year when I say that the 4th of July was a struggle for me. I have a lot of patience for temperatures, but when I walked outside yesterday at 8am (to see if I could "beat the heat" and go for an early-ish morning walk) and was hit by a muggy, intense heat, I knew I was in for it (a little bit).
We haven't been around on the 4th of July in years, so we wanted to take advantage of all that our neighboring towns had to offer in terms of celebrating the birth of our country. Why not go to a parade?
Ellie immediately through herself into the task of collecting handouts at the side of the road. Every time she got something, she would shout out "look it" and run over and show off her goods ("goods" being anything from candy to magnets, reusable grocery bags, an American flag, a pencil, a pen, and my favorite, a plastic backscratcher).
Here she is staking out her perch by the tree in front of our group of chairs.
Happy 4th of July!


No comments:
Post a Comment