Jed's birthday was yesterday, and the timing was perfect to allow for an impromptu little afternoon birthday party in the backyard.
During Ellie's nap, I decided to try my hand at making some cupcakes from scratch. They turned out pretty good - ah, the beauty of the internet and being able to find whatever you need within the blink of an eye.
After the nap, I told Ellie about the cupcakes, she immediately said "I want to see the cupcakes," translating to "When I see the cupcakes, I want to eat one right away." I told her that we had to wait for the party.
Outside, there were two to help blow out the candles.
And there was one to open the presents (the other "helper" was busy eating her cupcake).
I got up from my chair and Ellie took over. She understood after 30 seconds that it is not a good idea to stand on these chairs. No harm done, just a little surprise reaction.
Happy Birthday, honey!




No comments:
Post a Comment