Monday, April 23, 2012

New Author Discovery

I was on facebook the other day, and someone mentioned an author that they had recently discovered.  Being intrigued, I put the book on reserve from my local library and couldn't wait to check it out.

The Island, by Elin Hilderbrand, quickly became an obsession for me as I was sucked into the pages of this book and didn't feel like doing anything but reading more.

The setting was on the small island of "Tuckernuck" off the coast of Nantucket, which reminded me of fond memories  at my family's cabin and our honeymoon to Nantucket years ago.  The story dealt with a mother, two daughters, and an aunt all spending time together for a month on this remote island.  The story flips through different points of view of these four women and their own life struggles and growth.

If you are looking for a somewhat "fluffy" but satisfying summer novel, this book is for you.  Enjoy!


1 comment:

Lindahl News 2 said...

Thanks for the discovery...will have to check this one out!