The family all stayed at a Holiday Inn Express close to my grandparents' apartment. We took over the gathering area filled with tables and chairs, and swam daily in the swimming pool on site. What fun it was to get to hang out in such a relaxing way. For actual meals and such, we were able to use a large room in my grandparents living quarters - this worked out well, and I enjoyed getting to see my family spending quality time with one another.
One day, we headed out to the Mall of America for a ride filled day of adventure in the theme park they have there.
On Christmas Eve, Ellie met Santa Claus. She was not so much a fan, though he was as nice and friendly as he could be. Santa came ringing a bell, bearing presents for all little cousins and a special treat of cookies and milk (per Ellie's request). Ellie was nervous and did not like the bell. She warmed up to Santa a little bit more just as he was about to leave. Later that night, however, she repeatedly told me that she did not want Santa to come any more. Here is a picture that captures the essence of her feelings surrounding Santa (for now).
I am also including a little video of her time with Santa, for your viewing pleasure.
Unfortunately, I was sick most of the time over break with a doozey of a sinus infection that required two rounds of antibiotics before it was finally squelched. I have determined that I might actually be allergic Christmas trees, and next year, I am going to do an experiment to see if I pass through my holidays in better health.
I hope that your holiday season found you in good health and spirits!
Here's to a wonderful new year ahead!

3 comments:
Priceless! So special to witness this live. I'm bummed I can' t get the video - is just me?
I think that it is you - I just checked the video now and it is fine.
It is me. Found a different computer and it worked - love the change E made between getting her gift and giving Santa a kiss and then the fear of sitting on ol' Santa's lap!
Post a Comment