While up in the U.P., we decided to make a family trek to the cabin to check it out in the wintertime. I've been there once before in the wintertime, and if you know the hill that it takes to go down to the cabin, you can imagine that it is not a good choice to drive down and try to get back up amidst the snowy and icy conditions.
We took Ellie down the hill in a sled, which she clearly did not like as she tipped over and got snow on her face within the first few feet of being toted. I had to hop in the sled with her on the way down (I was NOT in the sled with her on the way up).
It was a rather cold, windy, and nasty day. Jed was our photographer, and you can see that this day had no connection to those balmy summer days at the cabin in July or August.
We stood on the deck for a little while taking it all in, shivering and our feet starting to freeze.
Jed continued to snap pictures as I started to head up the hill with Ellie in my arms.
"Ellie so sad" she told me.
I asked her why she was so sad, and she said "No water, no sand. Ellie sad."
Poor girl - she probably had her hopes up that there would be sun, water, and sand in which she could frolick and play in her bathing suit and sandals. Too bad this isn't the way that the weather works. I told her that the sand and the water would be back in the summer.
1 comment:
Ah, the reality of the seasons. She looked like she fit right in with nature with that cute hat, though!!
Post a Comment