Ellie and I started up our new schedules this week. I started with school meetings and ended with kids at the end of this week. And, Ellie began her adventures in an at-home-daycare.
While she has been having challenges getting used to taking naps on a cot, the daycare owner told me after a day that Ellie has made herself at home as if she had been there for centuries. I am hoping and interpreting this to be a good thing, though as she was telling me this, Ellie was running around and wanting to climb on the furniture and run around the table.
The woman plans different activities for the kids to do every day be it finger-painting, talking about colors, counting different objects. On the day that she was talking about shapes, she sent Ellie home with a drawing of crayon and foam sticker shapes adorning the page.
Ellie was so proud of this page, and held it in her hand the entire way home in the car. She especially liked to point out and talk about all of the "sur-sels" that she could see (circles). It made me so proud to she her as this little person developing her own interests for things.
I wanted to hang this up on the fridge for a little while, but Ellie was adamant that this was not what she had intended for her artwork. So, I unhooked it and took it off of the fridge. I decided that I had best take a picture of this picture, so I did. Here's to remembering favorites, no matter how fleeting they might be!


3 comments:
She is sure growing up...how can it be that she is making projects for posting on a refrigertor???
Good luck with your new school year, Anne! Ellie's shape art and her excitement about it are just great - how heartwarming for her teacher mommy to see! I'm glad you have a good place for her to be during the days. - Maria
I have done the "picture of a picture" thing. So good to see you guys this weekend. :)
Post a Comment