So I
may have turned into one of "those" moms over the weekend in the amount of pictures that I snapped of my girl in costume. Not only was she a lady bug the other night, she also was known to make appearances as a tiger and a flower (Surprisingly, I did not have my camera on the day that she cameo-ed as a tiger...what was I thinking?).
I thought up the flower idea last night as I was up (relatively) late grading papers and welcoming distractions of Halloween in between my purple-pen markings. At church, there were a few other kids dressed up (all in Ellie's age group), but others kids at church did not dress up even though church happened to fall on the actual day of Halloween. Oh well.
Anywho...here is Ellie at church with her friends and ever-so-popular cheerleaders, Addison and Caroline.
 |
| Do you think my headband is on straight? I better take it off my head and check. |
Here is Ellie on our back deck with a pumpkin just before trick or treating time officially started.
 |
| Call in the reinforcements - Daddy's here! I want to play with the pumpkin, he just wants me to look at the camera. Who is going to win this one? Just try and guess. |
 |
| Umm, I do not know what you want me to do. I am just sitting here, minding my own business, but obviously that is not enough for you. I am not amused. |
 |
| Ech! I've seen better orange, round spheres somewhere else. |
 |
| That's funny, I could have sworn there was another pumpkin around here somewhere. |
 |
| I love to raise my hand and look at shadows! |
 |
| Oh, Mr. Sun, I didn't see you up there - hello! |
Later, we did not end up taking her trick or treating. Somehow, we didn't quite feel justified going around to get candy that she wouldn't be partaking in, and actually, by the time we felt ready to "hit the town" it was already dark out and getting to be Ellie's bedtime.
2 comments:
What a cute flower! There is just something so cute about kids in costume, don't you think?!
She is a girl with many faces and expressions, isn't she?
Post a Comment