
Skittles: Try This!
Put a Skittle in water with the 's' side facing up. Not only will you see it virtually lose over half of its mass in a mere 5-7 minutes, you should notice another cool surprise as well!

Coke vs. Diet Coke: Try This!
Put a can of Diet Coke and Regular Coke in a container of water. (You can use your sink or bathtub filled up if you would like). Observe whether they sink or float.
Try and figure out why each can did what it did.
Yes, I am a nerd. I love science. I love math. I love to share it with those around me! Happy experimenting!
Put a can of Diet Coke and Regular Coke in a container of water. (You can use your sink or bathtub filled up if you would like). Observe whether they sink or float.
Try and figure out why each can did what it did.
Yes, I am a nerd. I love science. I love math. I love to share it with those around me! Happy experimenting!
4 comments:
Hhmm...my curiosity is piqued...and we have lots of Skittles at home since we got them at just about every wedding shower we had! Maybe I'll check it out...
Anne, I love these ideas. Try this: Put a package of mentos in a bottle of diet coke QUICKLY...stand back for a VOLCANO! It's so cool and let me tell you we did it like 10 times this summer.
Anne, this is perfect! I need to do a simple science lesson for tutoring for 1st graders. I'm doing these with the scientific method. Thanks for the idea.
P.S. density
It's so nice having math and science nerds in the family!!!!!
Post a Comment