After the marriage ceremony, there was a processional across Foster Ave. to Hamming Hall. No processional is complete without bagpipes and bagpipers in kilts. Though they are not pictured here, you can get a taste of the day outside and the adorable couple.
Arriving at Hamming Hall.
Oh my goodness, there were cupcakes galore! Yum! Marit is a huge sweets lover, and there is no surprise here with the assortment of goodies for one and all. Let me tell you that everything was fabulous, especially the cupcakes. If you were lucky enough to get a chocolate cupcake, there was a surprise hostess-like cream filling that was so good!
Candy Jars of some of Marit and Benj's favorite candies.
Jed, Nathan, Sanne, Barbara, and Anders enjoying the food.
Me and my hubby.
The toasts were given by several special people to Marit and Benj. One memorable story that her brother told was about how as a little girl Marit was a wanderer around camp in NH. Her parents had a shirt made that said return to the campsite. Now, it has been crossed out and says if found, return to Benj - really cute!
Getting lifted in celebration on chair during the first folk dancing number.
There was more dancing that ensued, and it was a lot of fun. Congratulations to the newlyweds, Marit and Benj!
6 comments:
Anne, I loved your happy sequential post of Benj and Marit's big day!
You must have been on Cloud Nine with all those incredibles sweets, but the cupcakes??? Were you able to contain yourself????
Thanks for sharing...
Love all the pics. Happy day, happy couple.
The treats look SO yum!
Nice chatting with you last night, we need to do that more often! :)
Mmm...cupcakes! What a cute pictures of them up on the chairs.
Hi-
I know this is weird, but I was actually searching for my old friend Maria Elde and I came accross Marit's wedding...I used to go to church with Marit...anyway, I also saw that Maria is engaged (also went to church with Marny and Tracy)...please just extend a congratulations to both girls from Colleen C. from PCC in CT.
Thanks so much!
God Bless
What a small world! I will mention to Maria that you said hi. Enjoy your weekend!
For yet another "happy times" post, check out Marny and Tracy's trip to Ireland on their blog! Just posted and absolutely gorgeous.
Post a Comment